My favorite thing about baking anything pumpkin flavored is the aroma that lingers for hours after. It warms my heart with how much it feels like fall, and I know something delicious is about to be ready. This simple pumpkin bread recipe from Sugar and Charm was something I made during a lunch break, so it can be done last minute or when you just get the urge to bake something!
Newbie baker note: When adding the oil, butter and vanilla, add it very slowly with the mixer running. It allows more air into the mixture to make if fluffy!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil , or canola oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda and baking powder, spices and salt. Set aside
- Combine the oil, butter and vanilla in a liquid measuring cup.
- In a mixing bowl with a fitted paddle attachment, beat the pumpkin, sugar and eggs until combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the liquid ingredients. Let this process take about 1 to 2 minutes so the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet and slowly fold until the ingredients are blended.
- Prepare a 10 x 5 loaf pan by buttering it really well and then adding a strip of parchment paper to the bottom and up the sides for easy removal.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour. The bread will be fully risen in the center, like a loaf. Make sure it’s fully cooked and brown on the top otherwise it will fall in the middle once removed from the oven.
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW